Aerial View Newport, Rhode Island: User:MVASCO; Accreditation: CC BY-SA 3.0
Rhode Island is the smallest of the 50 US States In terms of footprint. Bordered by Connecticut to the west, Massachusetts to the north and east, and the Atlantic Ocean to the south via Rhode Island Sound and Block Island Sound. The Ocean State – one of the nicknames - also shares a narrow maritime border with New York State.
Essential Car Rental Insurance Rhode Island Deserves
The average width of Rhode Island is about 37 miles (east west) and the length is 48 miles (south to north). If you are in great shape, you could walk 20 miles in 11 hours of daylight, so two days should get you from east to west. Better still, your rental vehicle can get you around the whole state in under a day, but most renters prefer to take time and see all that Little Rhody (the other nickname) has to offer. Even a week may not be enough, check the action right here!
Although divided into five counties, Rhode Island has no county governments. RI divides into municipalities, with each handling matters pertaining to local government. Some 39 towns and cities make up Rhode Island State. Mostly, this state experiences warm summers and cold winters, with a humid continental climate affecting most of the island state. However, southern and coastal portions are under the influence of a temperate, almost subtropical climate.
5 Facts About 5-Star Rhode Island State
- RI imposed the first jail sentence for speeding in an automobile on August 28, 1904 in Newport. Rental vehicle drivers beware; Big Brother is watching you
- Another "first": Rhode Island was home to the first National Lawn Tennis Championship in 1899, and hosts the Tennis Hall of Fame
- Famous residents of RI include George M. Cohan, born in Providence in 1878. He wrote, "I'm a Yankee Doodle Dandy"
- Rhode Island lays claim to starting the Industrial Revolution. The era of smoke and steam all started with Samuel Slater's water-powered cotton mill in Pawtucket in 1790. The rest as they say, is history
- The first torpedo boat Stiletto was built in Bristol, RI, in 1887
Back to the Present – Important Cover with Rental Car Insurance Rhode Island
Before you sign for and collect your hire vehicle wherever you plan to land, give some thought to reading and understanding the Rental Agreement. This is one very important document, and signing it may have undesirable outcomes should you encounter any mishaps. This is particularly so as you set off on unknown roads and unfamiliar driving styles. Do yourself a real favor and accept Bonzah’s Affordable Car Rental Insurance.